Books by Psychology Tools
As well as making therapy resources free to everyone Psychology Tools also publishes books for therapists. The first in the Self-help tools series is Self-help tools for panic a cbt workbook for overcoming panic attacks. As well as being an excellent self-help guide therapists will find it helpful as a treatment manual. Your purchase of Psychology Tools books supports the development of the site and ensures that it will continue as a free resource for therapists around the world.
About Self-help tools for panic
Nearly one person in every four will experience a panic attack at some point in their lives. Panic combines bodily symptoms of anxiety with feelings of fear and dread. A little bit of anxiety can be helpful for keeping us on our toes - but when it gets too much panic can become debilitating
This helpful workbook will teach you everything you need to know about panic. Drawing upon the evidence base Self-help tools for panic takes a cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) approach to this common anxiety problem. CBT has been demonstrated to be effective when delivered face-to-face or as self-help. This workbook will guide you through all the information and practical exercises necessary to overcome anxiety and reclaim your life. It is a valuable resource for individuals who panic, but equally helpful to therapists as a treatment manual.
Digital: Single edition
Digital: Therapist edition
This is a single-user digital edition of the book. The book comes in multiple formats and can be printed or viewed on tablets and e-readers.
This is a digital edition of the book especially for therapists. The book comes in multiple formats and can be printed or viewed on tablets and e-readers.
Buyers of this version are also free to print copies of the whole book to give to clients they are treating.
One for the traditionalists. A beautifully printed copy of the book.
Features of Self-help tools for panic
- Clear & simple introduction to panic attacks and panic disorder
- Introduction to the principles of CBT
- Guided exercises to overcome panic
- Uses worksheets you are familiar with from Psychology Tools and Self-help Tools as well as introducing new tools
- Evidence-based: incorporates the latest recommendations for treating panic using CBT
- Acts as a therapist treatment manual - can be used to guide a manualised intervention
- Generous licenses mean that you can print and share copies with your clients (therapist edition only)
- Available in all formats: Print, PDF, Epub, Mobi (Kindle)
- Additional worksheets available on Psychology Tools and Self-help Tools
Praise for Self-help tools for panic
“This excellent resource containing information sheets, hand-outs and record forms, provides both the psychological therapist and client with everything they need to know about panic. It is clear, well organised , well laid out with plenty of illustrations and easy to understand. It brings together many familiar ideas in a uniquely accessible manner – brilliant!”
Dr Trevor Powell - author of The Mental Health Handbook