Rumination Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (RFCBT)
Repetititve thinking is a critical transdiagnostic mechanism. We can conceptualise repetitive thinking about the future as 'worry', and repetitive thinking about the past as 'rumination'. Such repetitive thinking can be a maintainance factor in anxiety and depression.
- Ruminating thought worksheet centerstoneresearch.org archive.org
- Rumination - from trap to trac goodmedicine.org.uk archive.org
- 11 steps to stop ruminating jayuhdinger.com archive.org
- The how and why of rumination and worry - presentation by Professor Ed Watkins exeter.ac.uk archive.org
- Targeting rumination by changing processing style: Experiential and Imagery exercises - presentation by Professor Ed Watkins babcpconference.com archive.org
- Watkins, E. R. (2009). Depressive Rumination and Co-Morbidity: Evidence for Brooding as a Transdiagnostic Process. Journal of Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, 27, 160-175 nih.gov