Clients often struggle with the concept of forgiveness because of unhelpful misconceptions regarding its true nature. Forgiveness Is... is an educational worksheet with a clear description of what forgiveness is and is not.
This is a Psychology Tools information handout. Suggested uses include:
- Client handout - use as a psychoeducation resource
- Discussion point - use to provoke a discussion and explore client beliefs
- Therapist learning tool - improve your familiarity with a psychological construct
- Teaching resource - use as a learning tool during training
- Enright, R. D., Fitzgibbons, R. P. (2000). Helping clients forgive: An empirical guide for resolving anger. New York: American Psychological Association.
free & pro