Perfectionism has been identified as a risk and maintenance factor for a variety of problems including eating disorders, anxiety, and depression. It has been argued that it meets the criteria for being considered a transdiagnostic maintenance process.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for perfectionism - Dr Martin Anthony adaa.org archive.org
- OCD and perfectionism - Dr Roz Shafran ocduk.org archive.org
- Egan, S. J., Wade, T. D., & Shafran, R. (2011). Perfectionism as a transdiagnostic process: A clinical review. Clinical psychology review, 31(2), 203-212 researchgate.net archive.org
The Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) is an Australian mental health organisation that conducts research, provides training and supervision, and offers a clinical service. They have made some really useful resources for increasing assertiveness
- What is perfectionism?
- What maintains perfectionism?
- Reducing perfectionistic behaviours
- Challenging perfectionistic thinking
- Perfectionism rules and assumptions
- Re-evaluating the importance of achieving